If you’ve been thinking about getting braces, here are the reasons why you should.
While braces may seem like a right of passage for many children and teens, it’s also becoming one for adults, as well. Sure, when we think of braces we often think about the young adult roaming the school halls or eating with friends in the cafeteria; however, we don’t often consider the fact that a lot of adults are also sporting orthodontics. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontics found that over the past 15 years, the number of adults wearing braces rose by about 25 percent. No matter your age, if your Rochester Hills orthodontist has told you that braces could improve your smile, it may be time to consider the advantages of getting orthodontic treatment.
What are the main benefits of orthodontics?
- Crooked teeth
- Irregular bites
- Large gaps between teeth
- Unaligned teeth and lips
- Thumb sucking
- Early loss of baby teeth
Why is orthodontic treatment necessary?
- A more attractive and perfect smile, which can boost self-esteem.
- May make chewing or speaking easier, particularly if you have a bad bite.
- Straighter teeth are easier to brush and floss, making it easier to prevent gum disease. Orthodontics promotes better dental health.
- If the upper and lower teeth don’t align properly, some people may have speech problems. Orthodontics can help correct this misalignment.
- Orthodontics even has the ability to prevent wear and tear of back teeth. If the front teeth don’t align properly, this can cause unnecessary wear to the back teeth. Orthodontics can realign your bite to preserve those molars.