21 Oct 2014
By: Site Admin
Comments: No Comments
Let’s face it, children are not big fans of the dentist. Besides annual cleanings, a child should not have to see the dentist simply because he/she did not floss and brush daily. Getting your child in the habit early of brushing and flossing can make a big difference in your child’s oral health. To protect your child’s teeth, encourage them to follow a good dental care routine, as well as healthy eating habits.
We at Family Smiles Dental, Rochester Hills dentist, want to provide you with the steps to take to ensure your child has a healthy smile. Here are some great examples:
Your Child’s Dental Care Routine
- Make sure that your child brushes his/her teeth at least twice a day. As well as brushing, flossing is just as important and should be done before bed.
- Visit Dr. Matievich in Michigan and start scheduling annual checkups.
- Discuss with Dr. Matievich about sealants, which helps with cavity prevention.
Eating Habits Can Cause Further Damage to Your Child’s Teeth
- Avoid serving frequent snacks between meals. Have your child rinse with water or mouthwash after eating a snack.
- Limit or avoid sugary and sticky snacks. Ex: Cookies, Candy, Fruit Leathers
- Sharing food and drinks with other children can pass on oral bacteria.
- Limit sweet fruit juices and cut out any type of soda.
- Drinking lots of water is good not only for your child’s mouth, but his/her overall health
Call Family Smiles Dental Care For Information
To learn more about additional steps you can take to ensure a healthy mouth for your child, give our Rochester Hills dental practice a call today. We would be happy to assist you with your concerns.
How do your keep your family’s teeth healthy and clean? We would love to hear your tips!