Repairing or restoring your smile can help boost your confidence, make everyday, face-to-face situations less anxiety-inducing, and help
you feel great about the way you look. Cosmetic dentistry, which focuses on the aesthetic aspect of your smile, can help you renew your smile and get the look you want. Find out more about some common cosmetic dentistry procedures with Dr. Joseph Matievich at Family Smiles Dental in Rochester Hills, MI.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Veneers: Dental veneers are a permanent dental restoration which fits over the tooth’s surface and essentially hides its true appearance, replacing it with that of a perfect, white tooth. Veneers are custom-made in a dental laboratory and your dentist can design them in any way you see fit. This means that you can subtly tweak a tooth that bothers you or completely revamp every visible tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a tooth and its root, integrating permanently into your smile for a non-removable answer to traditional bridges or dentures. Implants can work in conjunction with other cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance your smile.
- Inlays and Onlays: Often called indirect fillings, inlays and onlays are usually made of porcelain. Dentists use these restorations when a tooth does not have enough natural structure to properly support a traditional filling.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening uses a fast and easy procedure to provide a huge result. in one session, your dentist is able to lighten the color of your teeth up to ten shades. This, however, does not mean that you have to significantly lighten your teeth. You can also subtly lighten them by adjusting the treatment’s strength.
- Bonding: Dental bonding takes only a few minutes and helps dentists correct small imperfections in the smile. The bonding procedure itself consists of simply molding composite resin materials directly onto the tooth to fill in a chip, reshape the tooth, even out the smile, or correct other small inaccuracies in your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Rochester Hills, MI
Do you think you could benefit from cosmetic dentistry? For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Matievich at Family Smiles Dental in Rochester Hills, MI. Call (248) 853-2222 to schedule your appointment for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Matievich today!